The mission of the Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Benton County is to enable single parents to attain self-sufficiency through post-secondary education.
WHAT is the Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Benton County?
Our scholarship recipients say it’s…
“…hope where you thought there was none.”
“…a hand reaching out to pull you up…”
“…a group of people who asked me to be accountable for myself and to set goals for the future when I wasn’t sure I had one.”
WHO is a Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Benton County Recipient?
Many of our students who receive assistance through our efforts are:
- Non-traditional, first generation college students
- Working full or part time jobs to care for active families without the support of a spouse while maintaining an excellent grade point average
- High school drop outs who completed their secondary education with a G.E.D.
- From abusive backgrounds
WHAT Does Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Benton County do to Help Change Lives?
The program offers holistic assistance to recipients, often providing funds for rent and utilities, childcare, transportation, medical expenses, and textbooks and fees (as needed). Primarily we offer:
- Financial and Emotional support
- Life Skills Workshops
- Counseling and Guidance
- Referral to other Community Services
Designed to supplement existing government assistance and college grants and loans, the scholarships awarded by our program encourage students to enter school and help them to avoid dropping out because of unexpected financial hardships. More than just tuition assistance, scholarship funds are also used for:
- Child Care
- Medical Expenses
- Textbooks and fees
- Eye Exams & Glasses
- Housing & Utilities